Emmanuel United Church welcomes couples who wish to celebrate their marriage in a Christian setting. When two people enter into covenant with each other and God, pledging to live together in loving partnership, it's time to celebrate in an inclusive and welcoming setting. It's a special moment for the couple, their families, and for our faith community.
Our community of faith affirms that:
- marriage is a gift of God through which Christians make a covenant with one another and with God;
- in Christian marriage two persons give themselves to each other in the full intention of a lifelong commitment;
- this unity is a creation of God and is greater than the two individuals;
- all human beings are accepted as persons made in the image of God regardless of their sexual orientation;
- it is our responsibility to support both opposite and same sex couples entering into covenant relationship with one another not only as they prepare for the celebration of their wedding but also for married life; and
- weddings at Emmanuel United Church are celebrations of Christian worship.
Please contact the church office for more information.